Thursday, 03 Apr 2025

Two men convicted in assassination of Malcolm X to be exonerated

Two men convicted in assassination of Malcolm X to be exonerated


Two men convicted in assassination of Malcolm X to be exonerated
1.7 k views

A Netflix documentary miniseries, Who Killed Malcolm X? reignited interest in the historic case last year, rekindling suspicions that the US justice system had targeted the wrong men.

Halim confessed that he was one of three gunmen who attacked Malcolm X, but he testified that neither Aziz nor Islam were involved. They also maintained their innocence.

Aziz, who was called Norman 3X Butler at the time of the shooting, was released in 1985. He is now 83 years old. Islam, formerly Thomas 15X Johnson, was released two years later and died in 2009.

Associated Press contributed to this report

you may also like

Flight passenger says man deliberately squatted in window seat, ignites social media debate
  • by foxnews
  • descember 09, 2016
Flight passenger says man deliberately squatted in window seat, ignites social media debate

An airline flyer said a seat squatter tried to tell her to swap seats with him, but she stood her ground, prompting a social media debate. A travel expert weighs in.

read more